Saturday, March 21, 2020

Let's Go Explore! - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to be a passport guest designer for Clique Kits. If you've been a follower of mine for a while you might remember that I designed for Clique Kits for 2 years when they first started out. They are known for featuring artists in their kits from all over the world. They have a knack for finding unique embellishments to pull a kit together beautifully. I received the February Base kit called Wonderful World. It's full of Vicki Boutin, Heidi Swapp, and gorgeous papers from a German artist Alexandra Renke. You can see a kit unboxing here...


I couldn't wait to dig in! I pulled out some vacation photos and decided on one of my daughter on a hiking trip to Zion National Park in Utah. The Clique store also has digital cut files you can download. This cut file was FREE and is perfect with this kit!


These wood veneer butterflies from the kit are so pretty! The background paper is one from Heidi Swapp ArtWalk.


I used the Pretty Little Studios alphas for my subtitle the Narrows placing it on top of a journal spot cut out from the Heidi Swapp Storyline collection. The Vicki Boutin Let's Wander ephemera die cuts are perfect for travel pages. I found an Explore sticker on the Heidi Swapp sticker sheet to layer here too. I wanted more contrast and color for the Zion portion of my subtitle. These alphas have been in my stash a long time. I also added an expoxy flair from Scrappin Happy Studio. These flair are pure epoxy so they won't rust like tin pins.


Here is a closer look at my cut file title. I created a shadow effect by layering kraft cardstock on top of a darker green cardstock, offsetting it slightly. Some ink on the edges gives it more dimension as well. I layered more Vicki Boutin ephemera pieces here and another Heidi Swapp phrase sticker; Good For The Soul.




Want to see how this layout came together, check out my process video ...


Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out the Clique store for more than just kits. They also carry other fabulous scrapping supplies!

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!