Sunday, March 15, 2020

Home Sweet Home Decor - Jillibean Soup

Hello blogging friends!

I am trying to catch up on some posts this weekend. I wanted to show you the latest Jillibean Soup Mix The Media houses that are available at your local JoAnn stores.


This house has that rustic farmhouse look that is so popular right now. I stenciled on the Home Sweet Home using a cut file available in the Silhouette Store. These wood houses come in a variety of sizes. I am using the smallest one here. You can get an idea of size if you compare it to the foam brush next to it.

So I want to share my secret for stenciling and not having your paint bleed underneath the stencil. Here I have applied my vinyl stencil I cut out using my Silhouette Cameo to the front of the house. To ensure a complete seal, apply a coat of decoupage or Mod Podge over the stencil openings. Don't worry about it showing, it dries clear and we are going to paint over the top of it.


Let the decoupage dry. Using a stencil brush apply some chalk paint by dabbing it over the stencil openings. Do not use side to side movements with the brush. This could cause paint bleed. You should be dabbing up and down. I like chalk paint when stenciling because it is a very thick paint and therefore less likely to bleed as well.


Here is house number 2, a metal house cut out of tin. A little more chic than a block of wood and looks amazing with a vinyl phrase added to it.


You can find this cut file from Jillibean Soup in the Silhouette Store.


Here is house number 3, a wooden house frame with a white insert. There are so many options for adding cut files to this house to make this uniquely yours. Being a cat lover here is what I went with...


Dog lovers, do not worry, Jillibean Soup has plenty of cut files for you too.


All of these houses are at your local JoAnn stores now! Grab a coupon and check it out. Shop online if you are sick or worried about getting sick.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!