Thursday, July 2, 2015

Blueberry Garden - Imaginisce

Hello blogging friends.

I had this layout up on the Imaginisce blog the other day. It's about my love for gardening and my latest gardening project, blueberries. I selected a variety of the blue pattern papers from the Heartland Farm collection. 


Ever since buying our first house, I have had a garden!  I sometimes have to ask myself why I bother, especially after spending 4 hours weeding the thing and every muscle in my body hurts. I could just go to the Farmer's Market after all. Like scrapbooking, I find it therapeutic though. I like seeing my plants flourish. I like being able to share my bounty with family and friends as well as feed my family well into the winter months and I know that everything I grow is organic. Over the years I have tried various different plants. When my daughter had a pet rabbit, I grew lettuce, kale, spinach, and lots of herbs. Last year, I decided to try growing my own blueberries. I bought hybrid bushes that could withstand the Minnesota cold winters, and was thrilled to see that they all survived their first winter. Now I just have to wait and see if they will produce fruit. 

To add a little more color, I mixed some Imaginisce milkpaint with a little gesso to create a paste I could use with a stencil to create my sun rays. (Note: recycle your product packaging to mix the paint and gesso. You can just toss it when you are done without having to wash it)


I am using a stencil from Tim Holtz called Rays.


Here is a closer look...

I even included a few blueberry i-Top brads :)
 



Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers, Die Cuts, Wooden Pieces (Heartland Farm), Alpha Stickers (Outdoor Adventure) Milkpaint, iTop, Small Brad Daddies
American Crafts: Cardstock, Black Homestead Alphabet Thickers, 
Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Navy
Tim Holtz Rays stencil
Gesso
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fun and safe 4th of July everyone.

2 comments:

I love hearing what you think!