Saturday, December 26, 2015

Happy Together - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Since my kids are older, we are finding it harder to do everything we used to do.... my oldest daughter is a 911 dispatcher and had to work. My son is a bartender and he too had to work. We still do extended family gatherings with whoever can make it. We managed to find some time to open gifts Christmas evening before the kids had to go to work.

I have a beautiful layout to share with you today that I created with the January Clique Kit featuring the fun Fancy Pants Designs Happy Place collection. One of my favorite papers in the Happy Place collection is this one that says “There is Sunshine & Happy in my Soul Today Because of You”. It immediately made me think about my daughter and her rescue dog Sue. You see, my daughter suffers from depression. She is doing great now though with the help of medication and her dog. It really helps her to have a dog to come home to instead of an empty house and how can you feel lonely when you have a 80 lb dog that wants to sit in your lap all the time! She often says that Sue rescued her … not the other way around. This is a picture of them enjoying a walk through Como Park. You can get some great shots in gardens in the winter time. I just love this garden gate and ivy wall.


I used a JustNick Studios cut file on this layout … It’s those positive signs. But instead of using paper, I decided I wanted to create a stencil and use my modeling paste to create some texture on my background. I cut my stencil from some scratch cardstock I had. A little washi tape along a couple of edges keeps the stencil from moving when applying the paste.


I kept my layout pretty white since I am scrapping a winter picture. Here are some detail shots …




Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page! I love the subtle white texture you added to the background. The pop of red is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!