Friday, August 7, 2015

School Treat Bags - Imaginisce and a Top Dog Dies Tutorial

Hello blogging friends.

It seems like the kids just got out of school and already it's time to think about them going back. Sometimes a little note from Mom or a snack presented in a fun way lets them know that they are loved even if you aren't there for lunch anymore. I created a couple different school treat bags to give you some ideas using the Imaginisce Family Fun papers. With 'School is Cool' and 'School Rocks', I hope to convey going back to school in a positive way.




Let me show you how.

You will need...
Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Top Dog Dies (Signature Antique, Antique Mat, Typewriter upper case, lower case, and Numbers & Symbols, Dinosaur Trio, Fish, and Pennant Banner), googly eyes, adhesive, Score-Pal, Die Cut Machine, treat bags, candy or crackers.

Step 1.  I cut the blue cardstock 6" x 5" and scored at 2.5" on the 5" side.


Step 2. Fold cardstock in half on the score line. Arrange cardstock on Signature Antique die using washi tape to hold paper in place. The folded side of the cardstock should be near the middle of the die as we do not want to cut the fold off. Run through your die cut machine.


Step 3. We are going to do the same thing with the pattern paper only we are going to use the Antique Mat die.


Step 4. Die cut the other shapes and letters you will need.


Step 5.  Assemble the treat bag toppers.



Step 6.  I like to run the entire treat bag topper through my Xyron 9" Creative Station. This way I know my treat bag is not going to fall apart spilling its contents everywhere.


Step 7.  Fill you treat bags with candy or goldfish crackers. I stapled the tops to help keep the bag sides folded in. Now set the top of the bag on the adhesive.


Step 8. Fold the top down to seal the treat bag shut.



I used my I-Rock to add some fish bubbles on my School is Cool treat bag. The I-Rock is super easy to use to add metallic gems or glam rocks to any project.

Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers (Family Fun), i-Rock, metallic gems
American Crafts: Cardstock
Xyron 9" Creative Station

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!