Monday, March 4, 2013

Good Luck card and some i-Rock Fun!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your weekends. I have a couple fun projects to share with you today.
First up - It's March and there is a new challenge for Imaginisce! Here are the rules....

Challenge Rules:
1.  Use the sketch provided as inspiration for your layout, card, or altered type of project.
2.  Use the color GREEN somewhere on your project.
3  Use the word "LUCK" or "LUCKY" on your project.
4. Use a chipboard embellishment.

* you must use at least 70% Imaginisce product on your submission*
Submission Deadline is March 25th, 2013.

I decided on a Good Luck card I could send to my daughter Colette during Finals. The Good Dog collection was the perfect choice. We just found out that she was accepted into the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Minnesota, Wahooooo!!!! Of course I will have to send her some pizza money or something. Anyway, here is my card ....
I just love this new embossing folder from Darice. I found it at Scrapbooks Too in Bloomington. Scrapbooks Too is under new management now. They have lots of fun new CHA products. If you are in the Twin Cities, please go check them out. (and they will accept you Archivers coupons!)
 

Supplies: Imaginisce Good Dog: Patterned Paper: Chipboard Sticker; Imaginisce Childhood Memories: ABC Stickers; Recollections card base; October Afternoon: Button; hemp cord; Embossing Folder: Darice; dog bone paper clip; Sakura Micron pen

My second project is an i-Rock project I made for the Imaginise blog....

Did you know the i-Rock can be used on more items than just paper? You can jazz up hats, shirts, etc ...  I decided to add some bling to my dog Satchel's new coat. He was so happy with it he could hardly sit still for me to take his picture :)
I backstitched the "to the" with DMC floss in black.


Some tips if you want to try this:
1. Make sure the fabric you are applying the gems to is heat resistant. You don't want to melt it.
2. You can create templates for shapes or words using your Cricut or Silhouette like I did.
3. Do not put your i-Rocked items in the dryer. This will loosen up the glue and the gems may fall off. Hang dry instead.
I hope you give it a try.
Supplies:  Imaginisce i-Rock, Hot Rocks compact (Pink, Black, and Clear assortment), Hot Rocks compact (Crystal assortment); DMC floss in black

See look how happy he is....
  Have a great week
~Marcia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!