Monday, September 10, 2012

Enjoy Life - Artful Delight

Happy Monday everyone!! Who is going to Scrapfest this weekend at the Mall of America? I am working a make and take table for Imaginisce, so if you are there you better stop by and say Hi! I have a layout to share with you today that I made with the September Artful Delight scrapbook kit. This is another amazing kit you do not want to miss out on. I am always amazed at how well everything in the kit goes so well together. I used three different collections for this layout; October Afternoon's Cakewalk, Fancy Pants Be You, and Kaisercraft's Save the Date. I based my layout on the sketch by Abby Laubenstein for the September sketch challenge.
Going to the Minnesota State Fair is always a thrill for me. As a kid, my parents took me down this slide. When I had kids, I took them down this slide. Now that we are empty nesters, I made my husband go down the slide with me. He looks like he enjoyed it though ;)  I miss my kids, but somehow going down this slide made me feel better as I remembered all the times in the past we enjoyed it.
Enough about me though... Here are some close-ups....
I have been enthralled with negative space of late. I cut the stars out from the yellow pattern paper on my Cricut. Then went back and handcut the stars out after layering my banners on. I applied the washi tape in the kit to a piece of scratch paper and adhered it to the underside. Inking the edges of the openings makes the stars pop even more. I love how this turned out.
Want to see what else is in the kit? I knew you would...
 
Kaisercraft - Save the Date collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Milestone
Burst
Streamers
Pinwheel
Cheers
Bang
October Afternoon - Cakewalk collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Confetti
Sugar Stix
Hula Hoop
Webster's Pages - Girl land collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Retail Therapy
Carefree
Fancy Pants  - Be You collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Marbles
Stips
Echo Park  - Everyday Eclectic collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Herringbone
Large Hexagon
Echo Park - Birthday Boy collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Journaling
Echo Park - Birthday Girl collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Journaling
Of course Bazzill cardstock, acrylic stamps, and tons of embellishments too!!
 
I hope you play along with our sketch challenge. Don't forget there is a card challenge too. I can't wait to see what you create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!