Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Love Sweet Love - Mother's Day Quick Quotes Inspiration

Marcia here today with some Quick Quotes Mother's Day inspiration for you! I wanted to make a special card for my Mom, so I decided to make an easel card using the One Fine Day collection, a chipboard flower and an assortment of Powderpuff Chalk Inks. The Powderpuff Chalk Inks are one of my favorite Quick Quotes products. I use them all the time, and in so many different ways.
I adhered the vellum quote with vellum glue dots at the top and bottom. The base of the card was dry embossed and then I dragged my Green with Envy Powderpuff Chalk Ink pad lightly over the top.
I also used the Mango Mai Tai Powdepuff chalk ink to add some color to these foam Thickers. This is the perfect way to coordinate your alphas with your Quick Quotes papers! I added a heart shaped sentiment journal spot to the inside of my card so I could add my own words.
The flower chipboard was colored by dabbing Powderpuff Chalk Inks over the top. Then I added a coat of Glossy Accents to make it shine! The butterflies also have some chalk ink on the tips of their wings and bodies.
Quick Quotes Supplies
One Fine Day 100
One Fine Day 200
What the World Needs Now - color vellum quote
Limeade Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Green With Envy Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Mango Mai Tai Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Lemonade Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Biscotti Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Fun Flowers - Bag o'Chips Die Cut

Other Supplies
Vellum Glue Dots
Button Brads
Lime Twist Fly a Kite Everyday Twine by My Mind's Eye
Lattice Edge punch by Martha Stewart
Butterfly Paddle Punch by Sizzix
Giggles Foam Thickers
Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Gemstones Core'dinations green cardstock

I hope I have inspired you to make something for your Mother too. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!