Thursday, July 14, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch July Challenge

This week I decided to play along with the challenge at Once Upon a Sketch. This sketch was designed by Nadia Cannizzo.


Here is my take on the sketch ....


I wanted to do a fun, whimsical layout to go along with this fun picture of my daughter and her friend. The smiling sun and the kite add to the whimsical feeling in the layout. This was my first attempt at accordion flowers. I really like how they turned out! This was also my first attempt at using spray inks too. It was fun creating the clouds using a die cut when spraying the ink. So this was truly a challenge for me to try some new techniques!

Here are some closeup of the details....


Products used in my layout...
Echo Park "a Walk in the Park" Blissful Day Border
Echo Park "a Walk in the Park" Flutter
Echo Park "a Walk in the Park" Tree Tops
Die Cuts with a View Cardstock
Canson Cardstock
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Blue Skies and Yellow Daisy
Peachy Keen Stamps EveryDay Character Face Assortment
Ranger Distress Ink, Peeled Paint
Inkadinkado Black Dye Ink
Coats and Clark Thread
Buttons
Font - Jester

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!