Monday, May 25, 2020

Summer Celebrations - Elle's Studio

Hello blogging friends! 

I am so excited to be the guest blogger today for Elle’s Studio! I was fortunate enough to be a contributor to the awesome new Elle’s Studio From Sketch to Finish Volume 5 Class too. Check out the class. Sketches are a great way to stimulate your creative mojo. 

When I saw this sketch, I saw rays of sunshine. Maybe I am just sun deprived after a long Minnesota winter.  I love including suns on my spring and summer layouts. For today’s layout, I chose to scrap some family BBQ photos. I miss my extended family. Quarantine has been hard. I can’t wait until we can have a family gathering like this again when it is safe to do so. My family likes to eat too. Look at all that food! On this occasion we were celebrating May and June birthdays and my husband’s college graduation (at 55!). You are never too old to go back to school!


Using a stencil, Distress Inks, and an ink blending tool, I got to work and created my sun first.  I stamped my title “Summer” using the Elle’s Studio Typewriter Alphabet Stamp Set and the same Distress inks. After fussy cutting out the alphas, I adhered them down over my sun. I think the white edging on the alphas helps them pop more against the inked sun. I love that ombre look. For contrast, I used the Jane Alphabet Stickers for the rest of my title. I love mixing fonts and colors to make my title eye catching.


Once I had my sun inked on the background paper, I used pattern papers from the 6”x8” Flourish paper pad to ground my photos.  4x6 cards and 3x4 cards work well for adding layers.


This sketch had 3 photo spots, but I wanted to include some journaling too so I opted to use the third photo spot to tell my story. This journal card from the May kit was perfect.


Add embellishments like Elle’s Studio puffy hearts and phrase stickers, whatever makes you happy. I got out the exclusive From Sketch To Finish Vol. 5 stamp set and stamped “happy day” three times under my journaling. One of the last things I do is to add some machine stitching. I love the extra texture the stitching adds.


I think I am going to turn this into a 2 page layout by duplicating it (except  for the sun). I have more photos from this family gathering that I want to scrap. That’s what awesome about sketches! You can easily manipulate them to suit your needs and spark your creativity.
Are you ready to scrap some of your summer photos now? 

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out the new From Sketch to Finish Vol. 5 class as well as older classes that are on sale now. You will love the inspiration!
If you are wanting to know more about me, check out the Elle's Studio blog post.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!