Saturday, May 23, 2020

Wahooo, Life Is Good - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello blogging friends!

I've been struggling in my creative endeavors of late. I feel a bit lost without my Silhouette Cameo.  I knew I was a cut file addict, but didn't realize how much of my inspiration came from cut files I wanted to use. Before replacing my machine, Silhouette wanted me to try a new power cord they would ship to me. That took almost 2 weeks. I'm trying to stay positive. I know there is a pandemic going on. I know people are not working, or working reduced hours so thay they can work safely. My machine is now on the way to Utah. The shipping charges were unbelievable. I might save every box I get now, lol. Once they receive my machine, a new one will be shipped to me. I'm hoping my new machine will arrive shortly.

In the mean time, here is a layout I created for My Creative Scrapbook using the fun May Main kit. It features the new Picnic In The Park collection by Amy Tangerine and the Simple Stories Hey Crafty Girl collection. I lifted a previous layout, hoping to stimulate my mojo. This design uses lots of stickers and strips of paper. I even broke out my old creative memories circle cutter and proceeded to cut a hole in my new craft mat! (insert facepalm) Yeah me! Another thing that needs to be replaced now. Anyway, here is how my layout turned out...


The rainbow pattern paper had me remembering this photo of my daughter and her best friend wearing a rainbow shirt. It's one of my favorite photos. I love that I was able to captured this fun moment. That woohoo puffy phrase sticker was perfect.



The red circles draw your eye across and down my page. On top of the bottom half circle, I placed the cut apart journal card inside a chipboard frame. Machine stitching adds interest and texture. Lots more puffy stickers and strips of paper are lined up in rows under my photo.


There are a few Simple Stories Spring stickers here are well. (butterflies)


I love how fun this layout turned out. Please check out the My Creative Scrapbook kits. There is sure to be one to suit your scrapbook style.

Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!