Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Happy Day - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello blogging friends!

I'm sharing the 2nd layout I created for My Creative Scrapbook using the February Main kit. This kit featured pattern papers from the Simple Stories So Happy Together collection as well as papers from the PhotoPlay Paper We Are Family collection. The die cuts ephemera pack and chipboard are also from Simple Stories So Happy Together.

I really wanted to scrap this photo of my niece. She'll be graduating this year with a graduate degree in occupational therapy. Wahoooo! We are so proud of her!! I pulled out the blue  papers from PhotoPlay and used a FREE cut file from the Paper Issues online store. To set off the cut file, I created a mixed media background using some Vicki Boutin art crayons.


I did some crazy machine stitching around those circles...can you see?  The title comes from the Pebbles This Is Family puffy phrase stickers that were included in the kit. I love that copper foil look.


I saved the stars that were left from my cut file to use as embellishments.


I kept other embellishments to a minimum... I just didn't want flowers or hearts mixing with my stars. Does that make me OCD? 

My Creative Scrapbook has 4 different monthly kits to choose from so there is definitely something for every scrapper! Be sure to check them out. 

Here is my YouTube process video...



I also did a kit unboxing and process videos for all 4 layouts I created with the kit. Please check out those as well. Have a great week!

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!