Monday, October 7, 2019

Trick Or Treat | PageMaps

Hello blogging friends!

I can't believe its October already! That means there is a new set of PageMaps sketches available! I love working with Becky's sketches, especially when I have been in a scrapbooking funk. You can concentrate on photos and papers instead of design. The October sketches are so inspiring too. Here is the one I used...


I liked that this had three photos. I could do a layout of all three of my kids. These photos are from years ago. My kids are all grown up now and off on their own. I converted my photos to black and white to coordinate better with my Simple Stories Vintage Halloween papers. I really stuck to the sketch on this one too ... when you see a great thing, don't mess with it, lol.


This might look like I did a lot of layering, but really I didn't. The stickers in this collection are already layered. I just added some foam tape behind them for dimension. Then I layered some cute flair from A Flair For Buttons, added a bow and some enamel dots.


I still love sewing on my paper using a machine and distressing the edges of my papers. I used washi tape above and below my photos and some black spray mist behind my title to help it pop more.


A Martha Stewart spider web border punch was a fun touch to add. Some sticker bats and black ink splatters help draw the eyes from bottom left to top right.


I really love how this turned out. Go check out the other sketches. They will make you want to scrap your heart out again. Unfortunately, this collection is not available anymore but you can find others here ... Simple Stories Halloween at Scrapbook.com

~Marcia




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!