Saturday, February 23, 2019

Winter Wonderland | JustNick Studios

Hello from snowy Minnesota today!

We are still digging out from our latest snowstorm...  and getting ready for another 4"-8" over the weekend. How fitting that my JustNick Studio layout today is a winter one. I really wanted to get this family photo scrapped before spring settled in and we were all sick of winter. (Ok... some of us are already sick of winter!) Check out my layout anyway. I used the Echo Park Celebrate Winter collection...



I used the Snowflake Cluster cut file to ground my photo. The white snowflakes make quite an impact against the dark background.



I wanted to scatter a few more snowflakes onto my page and discovered the Snowflakes 2 cut file has some of the same snowflakes! I cut them out twice, once with white cardstock, then again with vellum. The vellum snowflakes soften my page a bit and I could add a layer of snowflakes over my photo as well.



Along the right side of my layout I arranged a variety of papers and vellum with lots of curvy edges. I wanted you to think blowing snow when you saw it. Here I layered some of the white and vellum snowflakes to create this beauty!



I love how this turned out ... maybe more so because my favorite people are in this photo.



Here are the cut files I used today ...




Thanks so much for stopping by today. If it's snowing where you live, get outside and snap a few photos! There are plenty of winter cut files in the store that are perfect for documenting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!