Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Adventure More - Pebbles

Hello blogging friends!

This week on the Pebbles blog it's all about the guys! I picked out some masculine pattern papers from the newest Jen Hadfield collection Hey Hello; blues, greens, blacks, and a bit of yellow. I knew embellishing would be difficult so I decided I needed a strong design. My go to shapes for guys are stars and triangles. It's been a while since I did a triangle layout so I decided to give it a go... lifting a Pinkfresh Studios layout I did a few years ago. Here is what I came up with ...


I even cropped my photo into a triangle! If you look closely, you can see I added a few machine stitched triangles too.




The watercolor background sets off my photo and the pattern papers beautifully. I tried something different for my background. I wanted to try Lindy's Magicals powdered pigment. These were so fun and easy to use. I have lots more experimenting to do, but so far I am loving the results. Check out the YouTube video below for details. I pulled out the Sun & Fun collection embellishments because I wanted to stick to an outdoor theme. I found these awesome trees and a frog which was just perfect!




I used the Lake Thickers that coordinate with the Sun & Fun collection for my title 'Adventure More'. Not wanting to do much more embellishing, I thought I would just stamp a few butterflies from the Sun & Fun collection onto my background. Note to self... stamping before adding the title would have made things easier.




I added a strip of pattern paper at the bottom of my layout, repeating the triangle pattern in this pattern paper. At the top of the layout, I added a few triangles I had leftover and then a few tags from the Chasing Adventure collection.




I love how this turned out! Watch my YouTube process video to see how it came together. (and things to do differently, lol) 


Why don't you join us and create a masculine layout too.


Supplies:
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Loves Me
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Pink Posies
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Twilight
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Blushing Hedgehogs 
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Thinking of You Sentiments
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Bee Blossoms 
Pebbles – Hey, Hello Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Flower Blossoms
Pebbles – Sun & Fun collection – Clear Acrylic Stamps
Pebbles – Sun & Fun collection – Die Cut Ephemera pack with Foil Accents
Pebbles – Sun & Fun collection – Lake Thickers - Foam Iridescent Foil Alphas

Pebbles – Chasing Adventures collection – Die Cut Ephemera pack with Foil Accents - Phrases


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week!
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!