Wednesday, May 13, 2020

All Occasion Cards with Pebbles Lovely Moments

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with an all occasion card idea for you using the beautiful Pebbles Lovely Moments collection. This time of year I need birthday cards, sympathy cards, get well cards, graduation cards, shower cards, and wedding cards. This card design could be used for all of these occasions. Just change out the sentiment.


The folded flower on these cards has a quilted look that caught my eye. Aren't they gorgeous! This is a card you can make with a circle punch or circle cutter.


Let me show you how you can make one too....


Step 1. Punch or cut 8 - 2" circles and 1 - 3" circle. You will see both sides of the scrapbook paper, so choose a paper where the two sides coordinate well together. I prefer to use a smaller floral print as well. This allows you to see the flowers after folding.


Step 2. Fold each of the 2" circles in half, then in half again.


Step 3. Fold just the top layer of paper down. Turn over and repeat on the other side. It should look like this...


Step 4. Unfold the circles except for the last fold.


Step 5. With the folded side face down (see green circle above), take the folded sides and bring to the middle crease. It should look like this. Repeat for all 8 circles.


Step 6. Apply some glue to the middle of your 3" circle. Start laying your folded circle pieces down leaving a slight gap between.


If you want a very flat flower, press in a book for a while. I like a little dimension though, so I left my flower as is. Add a button or a brad in the center of your flower. Now you can add to a card base along with a sentiment. Make your own card base using pattern papers or use a ready made card from the Lovely Moments card box.


I love how these turned out. They are so pretty with the Lovely Moments pattern papers. I hope you give this a try yourself.


Supplies:
Lovely Moments 12×12 Patterned Paper Pad 
Lovely Moments Cards
Lovely Moments Icon Ephemera
Lovely Moments Phrase Ephemera

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!