Saturday, March 2, 2019

It's Not About the Destination It's About the Journey - Pebbles Inc

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to be sharing a layout I created with the awesome Chasing Adventures collection by Jen Hadfield. This is such a fun collection! Perfect for capturing your adventures whatever they may be. I wanted to create a title page in my European vacation album that included some photos from all the destinations we visited on our recent vacation to Europe; London, Paris, Munich, and Berlin. Here is what I came up with…


I found this digital cut file in the HQ digital art Etsy store and was instantly drawn to it. I imaginied a layout with rays of photos and pattern papers emanating from the center. The quote in the middle works well for my title. I embellished around the title with one of the cute travel girl die cut ephemera pieces and puffy stickers.


To make the title pop more against all the pattern papers, I used a little bit of gesso underneath it and extended this onto my photos. This allowed me to add the names of the cities right on top of the photos. I then used some of the transparent sticker geo location icons near the names of the cities to draw attention to them.


Circling the title are some airplanes, one of these is from the pack of puffy stickers and another from the die cut pack. To create more movement, I added some dashed lines and arrow puffy stickers.


A white gel pen allowed me to journal directly onto one of the die cut ephemera tags. I added a little puffy sticker taxi cab for more dimension.


Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have vacation photos to scrap, be sure to check out the Chasing Adventures collection. It is amazing.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!