Saturday, March 5, 2022

Fish & Chips - PageMaps

 Hey everyone! 

Have you seen the new sketches over at PageMaps for March? They are fabulous for jump starting a layout. Here is the sketch I chose.


I stuck to the sketch pretty close, but I moved my journaling and added a 3rd photo in place of it. I decided to scrap photos from my trip to London with my daughter. After touring London Bridge, we found a pub tucked under the bridge that served the best fish and chips. Of course we had to have a pint of beer to go with it. Such a great experience!


Since fish & chips are often served on newspaper (or paper made to look like newspaper now), I had this idea to use newsprint on my layout. The sad thing is after cleaning out my scrapbook room, I couldn't find any so I decided to make my own. This allowed me to add the location and a date in the newspaper headline.


That great cut file is from PearTree Cut files. I used the Basic Grey Serenade collection that I found in my stash while looking for newsprint. 


I added some England embellishments from Scrappin Happy Studio (phone booth epoxy flair), Jolee dimensional stickers, and some phrase stickers from Simple Stories.


I love how this turned out. Thanks so much for stopping by.
~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!