Sunday, June 7, 2020

Castle Neuschwanstein - PageMaps

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to share the newest PageMaps sketches for June! I chose to do the two page layout again. I know ... but two page layouts are the best for vacation photos I really want to scrap! These photos were from our excursion to Castle Neuschwanstein in Bavaria Germany. Truly amazing!!! Imagine living in the foothills of this fairytaile castle. I used the gorgeous Crate Paper Heritage collection by Maggie Holmes.


and here is the sketch ...


Rather than walk up the mountain, my daughter and I took a horse and carriage most of the way up. We knew our feet would be killing us after the walking tour plus hike back down the mountain. It just added to the whole fairy tale experience. I love the chipboard embellishment pieces in this collection.


Since my Silhouette Cameo died, I've been fussy cutting flowers from pattern papers to layer instead. Yes, it takes more time. Get yourself a pair of really sharp cutter bee scissors if you want to attempt it. It is worth it! See the Tim Holtz transparent negative strip added under the photos. That's been in my stash forever.


I used some Thickers for my title. These have a little gold in them, perfect for the pattern papers.


Since I did not have the Heritage collection die cut ephemera pack, I went through my stash (Flourish, Bloom, and Carousel) looking for anything swan related. This is the swan castle (new swan castle) for a literal translation. Did you know swans appear in almost all of these Maggie Holmes collections?


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please go check out the other PageMaps sketches. And stay tuned for more inspiration coming soon!

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Film Strip -  https://amzn.to/2zf5frm
Cutter bee Scissors -  https://amzn.to/2YdgXei

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!