Saturday, March 14, 2020

Urubamba Peru - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello blogging friends!

Have you seen the March Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook? It's full of the Pink Paislee Bloom Street collection and is so beautiful!!! I wanted to pull out some rainy day photos to scrapbook and realized just how few rain photos I have. I live in Minnesota. I have tons of snow photos! I guess I'll need to take more rain photos in the future.

My daughter recently traveled to Peru with World Vets. She spent a week in the Andes Mountains spaying and neutering cats and dogs and vaccinating pets. Would you wait 3-4 hours in the rain just so your pet could be seen by a veteranarian? Well these Peruvians did! and they were so thankful for the volunteers that came to their remote location! I thought I would scrap her rainy day photos to document her trip.


Check out the exclusive cut file I used here, a gorgeous floral cluster on a square frame. I love this photo too. This little girl held this cat for hours in the rain! It's amazing to me that these animals were so content to be held, as if they knew how hard life was for others of their kind living on the streets. There were so many stray dogs and cats wandering everywhere.


I created another rainy mixed media background using some old acrylic paints. The drips made a good backdrop for the white Thickers that came with the kit.

The umbrellas and rainboots were perfect embellishments!


Check out the photo on the right. See those people waiting on the sidewalk... in the rain. That line goes on for a couple blocks!

I hope you'll check out my process video to see how this one came together...


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!