Friday, July 26, 2019

Teapot Shaped Recipe Mini Album

Hello blogging friends!

My kids are older and now living on their own. They all like to cook, just like their mother. So I often get phone calls or text messages from them asking me for their favorite recipes. For a gift, I thought it would be a fabulous idea to compile some of these recipes into a teapot shaped mini album. I used the gorgeous new This Is Family collection by Jen Hadfield.



The teapot cut file is available in the Silhouette store. It's a Samantha Walker cut file if you are interested in making one too. The original cut file is for a shaped card. Altering it to make it into a mini was easy to do. I created a pretty cluster on the cover using a tag, some die cut ephemera pieces, and absolutely gorgeous rose gold puffy stickers.



The This Is Family collection includes a 12x12 sheet of pattern paper with 6 recipe cards. I cut these apart and grabbed some favorite recipes to transfer to them. Because I wrote on both sides of the recipe cards, I adhered them down using washi tape. This way they can be removed from the album to read the back side. Later they can also be placed in a recipe box is desired.



Isn't that washi tape beautiful! My album is held together using two rings. To reinforce the holes in each page, I added a couple eyelets.



I kept the embellishments to a minimum on the inside pages. Houses were
fussy cut from pattern paper and then scattered throughout.



I also tucked in a few tags in places. It's fun to include a few hidden messages on these.



The back cover was left blank.



Do you know anyone who would love this album? Go ahead and make one for yourself too! Have a great week.


Supplies:
This Is Us: Pattern Papers
This Is Us: Die Cut Ephemera Pieces
This Is Us: Tags
This Is Us: Puffy Phrase Stickers
This Is Us: Washi Tape
American Crafts Cardstock


~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!