Friday, February 9, 2024

February Layout Share - My Creative Scrapbook

 Hello friends.

The My Creative Scrapbook February Main Kit featured the Simple Stories Winter Wonder collection as well as some Echo Park Paper papers from Winterland and Chipboard frames from Echo Park Paper Winter collection.  Even though these were Winter collections, there were some floral, plaid, and gingham pattern papers so the kit was versatile enough for more than just your cold weather photos. Let me show you what I made.


1. Snow Much Fun - The Snow Much Fun cut file is included in your kit subscription and is from PearTree Cut Files. I cut the title large, inked and stitched it and placed it on a stenciled background. You can hear all about my process on my YouTube process video here...


2.  Oh So Cold - I used the monthly sketch by Rebecca Moore as the starting point for the design of this layout. I moved up the two side banners otherwise they would have been mostly covered up with my embellishments.






3. She Said Yes! - I took advantage of the plaid and floral pattern papers to do a non winter layout of my son's engagement. We are delighted for them. This layout is based on the monthly sketch by Laura Whitaker. I substituted a heart cut file from a past kit in place of the circle on the sketch. The heart worked better for my photos.





4. This Smile - I adore this photo of my niece. Her mom would not dress her in any pink, so I thought the green florals and gingham would be perfect for scrapping this photo. The adorable bunny and more floras from the ephemera die pack worked well on this layout.




My Creative Scrapbook puts together 4 kits every month. I used the Main kit. Each kit is put together beautifully. There is really something for every kind of scrapbooker! Go check them all out.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
~Marcia





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!