Wednesday, January 10, 2024

January Layout Share - My Creative Scrapbook

 Hello friends.

The My Creative Scrapbook January Main Kit featured the Vicki Boutin Discover and Create collection from American Crafts. The kit was also packed with lots of embellishment options including two packages of die cut ephemera, cardstock stickers, foam stickers, and alphas. It was a joy to create with this kit! Let me show you what I made.

1. Happiest Days -I fussy cut a whole sheet of floral pattern paper and used those flowers on this layout of my daughter and I attending a concert at Red Rocks.  This layout was created with a sketch provided by Rebecca Moore for My Creative Scrapbook. Watch my YouTube video to hear how the evening started out so fun and ended with us running for the car in a downpour when it started to hail. 


2. Discover The World Around Me - This layout used the monthly My Creative Scrapbook sketch by Laura Whitaker. I am scrapping some photos from the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. Lots of layers makes this eyecatching.




3. Our Story - This layout was inspired by one of the digital cut files included with the kit subscription,  Home Sweet Home from The Cut Shoppe and Our Story also from the Cut Shoppe. I decided to make a neighborhood of houses and tuck my first house in there. I had just graduated from college and my husband was fresh out of the Marine Corps. We didn’t have $$ for a down payment but a builder let us do sweat equity… we shingled the roof, put the siding on, did all the painting and staining! Both our families helped with the work and we are so grateful. I tucked the story behind a house because it was a short novella and I didn't want to cover up to much of my layout with journaling. 





4. & Then This Happened - You can't go wrong with a grid design. To make things interesting I used strips of pattern paper on my background. These photos are from our last trip to visit my daughter and her partner took us flying!




My Creative Scrapbook puts together 4 kits every month. I used the Main kit. Each kit is put together beautifully. There is really something for every kind of scrapbooker! Go check them all out.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!