Tuesday, July 5, 2022

My Creative Scrapbook June Main Kit Layouts

 Hello everyone!

I was going to share my July layouts with you and realized I had yet to share my June layouts! This summer is passing by in a blur its going so fast. The June kit from My Creative Scrapbook was full of the new Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush collection and of course more amazing cut files from PearTree Cut Files. Such a fun kit to work with!

1. You Are My Sunshine was the first layout I created having been inspired by the die cut ephemera Sun. Of course that had me singing or humming the lyrics to the song for the rest of the day. That gave me the idea to place the lyrics to the song within the rainbow cut file. I even cropped my photo in a heart shape to match the cut file and dangled it from the cloud. Mixed media is practically a must when using Vicki Boutin collections so I added some glaze using a stencil from a previous kit all down the left side of my layout. 


Please watch my YouTube process video for all the details including detailed photos of the finished layout.


2. Sunkissed was my second layout with the kit. This layout is based on the sketch by Laura Whitaker for My Creative Scrapbook.


Here is my take using another cut file from PearTree Cut files that was included with the kit ...


The sun rays were created by using a cut file as a stencil and blending various yellow and orange distress inks. See how I did it in my process video as well as detailed close-ups.


3. Loving This was my third layout, because of course I had to use the paper stencil left over from my second layout.


Lots of fussy cut flowers were perfect for embellishing this photo from a trip to Hawaii a few years back. I have another YouTube process video for your viewing enjoyment and all the details.


4. My fourth layout featured amazing photos from the baby shower I threw for my son and his girlfriend and another PearTree Cut file, Love This Crazy Life.


More details in my YouTube process video and of course close-up photos...



Thanks so much for stopping by. Go check out all the amazing kits available at MyCreativeScrapbook.com
~Marcia







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!