Thursday, December 9, 2021

Three Wisemen Box Card Tutorial - Lori Whitlock

 

Hello everyone! 

I’ve been busy making more Christmas cards to send out to family and friends. Lori designed a new The First Noel Christmas collection and I thought it would be a great idea to use the sentiment phrase ephemera pieces instead of using the print and cut feature in Silhouette. This would also speed up my cardmaking, a huge plus right now! I used the Pop Up Three Wisemen Box Card (SVG, Silhouette) cut file along with the coordinating solid pattern paper from the collection. When the card is closed for mailing it is completely flat.

    

 When open, it can stand up by itself. The middle pops out to form a box with a dimensional city scene and star of Bethlehem.

   

 Let me show you how I created mine.
  1. Cut out all the pieces from desired cardstock and pattern papers. I used some Black Soot ink to darken the bottom and middle panel of the blue pattern paper pieces using an ink blending tool.

2.  Assemble the panels and box card inserts. The city scene can be left as is, or add another layer of color on top.

3. I wanted my Star of Bethlehem to really sparkle so I added some gold glitter gel. This needs to dry before you attempt to assemble the card.

4. Glue the panel with the wisemen to the card front about .5" from the bottom of the card lining up the edges on the left side. The opposite end of the panel is then adhered to the far right .5" from the bottom lining up the edges on the right side. The middle panel should fold the opposite of the card base to form a box.

5. Insert the city scene inside the box lining up the tabs to the top of the panel and adhere. Then glue the Star of Bethlehem insert behind.

 

 Lori has lots of Christmas card ideas in her shop. Go check them all out and have some fun making your own Christmas cards! 

You can find The First Noel collection and the Pops of Color glitter gel at at Scrapbook.com.

 Thanks so much for stopping by.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!