Thursday, July 22, 2021

My Creative Scrapbook July Main Kit - Vicki Boutin Color Study

 Hello blogging friends

I apologize for the lack of content on my blog the past few months. I just can't seem to catch up after a scrap room remodel in March. I am still organizing, purging, and creating in the middle of it all. I hope to have some new YouTube videos up in my channel soon.

Working with the July Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook was an absolute joy! I love Vicki Boutin's color study collection! Here are the four layouts I created with it.

First up is Create Yourself. This paint brush floral cut file is included in the kit subscription and is from Peartree Cut Files


I was so happy to have some paint ephemera die cuts that I could use to embellish this page that features a photo of my kids and I with our Matisse Cats we painted at our local Paint Pub.


I used a pattern paper with stripes of warm reds, pinks, yellows and orange colors  to give the illusion of painting stripes of color. I kept the florals in the same color scheme.


For my second layout I went for a big title. This Sleep Snack Snap Scrap cut file was a freebie from Cut To You for National Scrapbook Day. I seriously love how these colors pop against a black background.


I love how this cut with the ombre blue pattern paper. Rather than back my cut file, I used foam tape to pop up the letters and give it some dimension. Then I tucked some fussy cut flowers underneath.



And look! Here is another picture of me at a crop a few years ago before glasses and before I went grey, lol. 

My third layout features my husband and I at a sunflower field last summer. I kept looking for the right paper collection to scrap this photo. The bright yellows were perfect!


This layout is based on a sketch from Laura Whitaker. All those layers are so yummy!



And my final layout ... Yet another picture of me! This never happens people. You know I almost always scrap my kids. They lead much more exciting lives, lol.


I went on a European vacation with my eldest daughter in 2018 before the pandemic. I am so glad that I got to spend some special time with her. Paris was a magical place and we cannot wait to return. This cut file is included in the kit subscription and also from Peartree Cut files. I backed the cut file with the color wheel pattern paper and added a few scattered hearts myself. I even took the time to stitch this keeping the rainbow theme going. Thankfully the black cardstock hides the blood from needle pricks of my fingers.



Thanks so much for stopping by. If you are interested in subscribing to  My Creative Scrapbook to receive their kits each month you will not be disappointed! They actually have 4 different kits, so there is something for every kind of scrapbooker.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!