Saturday, July 11, 2020

Summer Yummy - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello blogging friends!

I am sharing my first layout with the July Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This awesome kit features the Simple Stories Summer Farmhouse collection. For my first layout, I wanted to use the large SUMMER title cut file from Paige Evans. This was one she was giving away for FREE in her Facebook group called Happy Scrappy Place. Ask to join the group and you too will have access to her FREE cut files and more. With this cut file I could use lots of the different pattern papers. Because of the watermelon pattern paper I decided to scrap some photos of my son enjoying some watermelon when he was about 2 years old. Here is my layout...
\

Now that background paper is a mixed media sheet from the Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Mixed Media Pad. I LOVE these mixed media sheets! This one in real life is green not yellow. I could not get the color right. Go figure ... the rest of the colors on the layout are fine. I elevated the title using some foam tape. My photos went over the hyphens that were part of the cut file.


I added embellishments right on top of the cut file to draw the eye from one photo to the other photo.


Chipboard stickers as well as cardstock stickers were included in the kit so there are plenty of options for embellishments. I love to create layers of embellishments.


Also included in the kit were the foam titles that coordinate with the Summer Farmhouse collection. I added YUMMY here just below the cut file where it would stand out.


Are you interested in seeing my process? Check out this YouTube Video ...


I had so much fun making this layout! Stay tuned ... I have 3 more layouts that I created with this kit coming. I hope you are finding some time to enjoy your summer too. Stay healthy and safe.

Supplies:
My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club ... http://mycreativescrapbook.com/mobile... Simple Stories Summer Farmhouse ... http://shrsl.com/2d8wd Vicki Boutin's Let's Wander mixed media pad ... http://shrsl.com/2bkv4 Fineline Glue Bottles ... https://amzn.to/3cGaVbx

~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!