Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Hello Chicago - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello blogging friends!

I am sharing my 4th layout today using the My Creative Scrapbook June Main kit which featured the Vicki Boutin Let's Wander collection (including a star stencil). I am continuing to document my daughter's first half marathon, the ChiHalf. I had no idea how early these die hard runners get up to run these races! We were up before 5:00 am catching an Uber to Jackson Park where the race would start. Of course it was pouring rain. I had purchased rain ponchos and umbrellas the day before (thankfully). There was no place to shelter really. just a few pop-ups. She queued up to race and was off a little after 7:00. Someone selling coffee near the starting line would have made a mint from bystanders like me!


These tennis shoes in the Let's Wander die cut ephemera pack inspired me to scrapbook these photos. I love the vellum "Heck Yes!" too.


I added the Hello Chicago for my title. These alphas are from my stash. I wanted to mimic the Hello's in the pattern paper. You can see I used the star stencil again on this layout and Vicki Boutin's Creative FX iridescent glaze.


The Fun Times in the City die cut ephemera tag was perfect. I added some journaling underneath.


 I love the photo-op chipboard on this photo with the CHIHALF sign.


Please check out the My Creative Scrapbook kit club for more information about this awesome kit club.

It's too bad so many races have been canceled this year. Another Mother-Daughter trip may have to wait until 2021.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!