Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Shelling - Pebbles

Hello blogging friends!

This week the theme we were given for inspiration on the Pebbles blog was 'Poolside'. I figured ocean waves fit just as well and I could knock out a layout from a family vacation in beautiful Myrtle Beach South Carolina. We had lots of fun searching for unique shells and found a few sea creatures as well. The fun Pebbles Oh Summertime collection was perfect to document our beach adventures.




I wanted to showcase all the washi tape from the collection on my layout. On a piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock, I layered washi tape all down one side. This was then mounted on a 12 x 12 piece of pattern paper. Don't you love those fish scales? or maybe I should say mermaid scales.




I arranged multiple photos over the washi tape using foam adhesive to add some dimension. I can't resist adding a bit of sunshine on my summer layouts to set the mood, so here I added a die cut sun. I love the all the fun water elements in this collection too, like this mermaid, jelly fish, and seaweed.




I created an eye-catching big title and backed it with a striped pattern paper that coordinated so well with my background paper.




And did you know Pebbles has a monthly sketch challenge? I played along and created this card using the Oh Summertime collection. Check out the Pebbles blog for the details.


Are you ready for summer yet? I sure am!

Supplies:
734097 Oh Summertime 12×12 Paper Pad
734094 Oh Summertime Ephemera
734090 Oh Summertime Washi Tape
340272 Sticky Thumb Foam Dimensional Dots


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!