Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Paris Street Views - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

After the fire of Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, I had to look over my photos again from my trip there this past October. I felt inspired to scrap one of my favorite photos of Notre Dame along with other street pics I took as we wandered around. One of my favorite ways to include multiple photos on a layout is by using a filmstrip. In this case I cut the JustNick Studio Windowpane Background cut file apart and sized the openings so I could fit a 1.5" x 2" photo in the opening. You can make a collage of small photos and get 6 photos on a 4" x 6" print. Here I have used 5 photos on my layout and it doesn't look busy at all! This is my first time playing with the Pinkfresh Studios Out and About collection as well. I am in love! so many fun embellishment and fabulous pattern papers.



I love this Script Font  that I used for part of my title "Paris". I combined it with alpha stickers for interest.



I also love the tags in the Around the World cut file, but I've use them a lot in the past when scrapping my vacation layouts. By replacing the text in the tag with a sentiment from the Circle Sentiment cut file, I achieved a whole new look! Here is how I did it. Right click on your image and select Release Compound Path. Drag unwanted shapes/text away. Group what you want together by selecting all parts within a rectangle and then right click again and chose the Make Compound Path option. Do this with both cut files and then combine the tag with the new text, resizing the text as desired. Think about all the ways you could stretch your cut files to do double duty!! This awesome tag made a very nice frame for my photo.



I backed the negative space on my tag pulling other colors in like the yellow and the red. They are a nice contrast to the blue tag.



I think it would be fun to carry my filmstrip theme over into a two page layout. What do you think?



Here are the digital cut files I used today...









Thank you so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!