Thursday, August 23, 2018

Skipping Rocks - Jillibean Soup | PageMaps

Hello blogging friends!

I was so excited to be asked to create a layout for the PageMaps August reveal! I love working with Becky's sketches. Here is the sketch she sent me...


3 photos was a challenge for me, but I had these awesome photos of my son from our recent vacation on the North Shore of Lake Superior. The beaches are full of flat rocks, perfect for rock skipping.


I mixed Jillibean Soup collections to get a color scheme suitable for my lake photos. I pulled some brown pattern paper from the Shades of Color Soup collection, and blue pattern papers from the 2 Cool For School collection. I used a Jillibean Soup polaroid digital cut file to frame my smaller photos. I helps to keep them from blending too much into the background.


You can also see I added a lighthouse and anchor to my embellishment cluster in the lower left.


Another cluster of embellishments and my title appear at the top right.


There is room for journaling under my main photo. I added a few phrase stickers here too for interest.



Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Pattern Paper  2 Cool For School / Too Legit, Wild Child;    Shades of Color / Gregarious Glow
Coordinating Stickers: 2 Cool For School
Puffy Stickers: 2 Cool For School
Digital Cut Files: Lighthouse / Design ID #271306, Anchor / Design ID #271718 , Life Is Better On The Beach /Design ID #271304 , Polaroid Heart / Design ID #39389
Sketch: PageMaps

Other: Bazzill cardstock, American Crafts cardstock, Wood Veneer, Shimmerz Vibez in Frost Bite, hemp twine, foam adhesive, Silhouette Cameo, Brother Sewing Machine, white thread


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!