Friday, June 3, 2016

You Are My Sun, My Moon, & All Of My Stars - Cocoa Vanilla Studios and Faber-Castell

Hello blogging friends!

Today, I am so excited to share a fun Cocoa Vanilla Studios Colour Me Happy layout with you today where I played with my Faber-Castell gelatos to create a bright mixed media background. My inspiration for this layout was this cut apart card with a quote I absolutely love; "You Are My Sun, My Moon, & All Of My Stars". I have really been enamored with using suns and or sunshine on my layouts lately. It is finally Spring in the USA where I live and after a long winter I am enjoying the sun! Here is my layout...

  YouAreSunMoonAllMyStars

I used a very simple technique to achieve my background. First paint gesso where you want to blend your Faber-Castell gelato colors. Once it is dry, pick out three or four colors. I went with 2 shades of yellow and 2 shades of orange on my layout. Then just scribble color over the gesso. You seriously don't need much. Wet your finger and spread the color where you want it blending with the other colors. I like using my finger because you really don't need much water. A paint brush holds too much water which might cause your paper to curl more. Want more color? then just add more scribbles and blend some more. The color is vibrant and it is so fun to see how beautiful the result is. After my color was applied, I used an embossing paste and a stencil to add the stars over the top.

 These awesome encouraging words of tiny text are also from the Colour Me Happy Cut Aparts.

  TinyText

I played up the sun, moons, and stars on my layout. I created a stitched garland with little suns and moons and added a lot of star sequins from the Tis The Season collection.

  ShinySequins

SunMoonStarsGarland

I did a little fussy cutting too with some of the floral pattern paper and layered one of the awesome Colour Me Happy flair buttons on top.

  DetailSun

Hello

I hope you will give this technique a try with some Cocoa Vanilla Studios Colour Me Happy and Faber-Castell gelatos. It is quick and easy, but most of all it is so fun!!

 Thanks for stopping by!
 ~Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!