Saturday, November 7, 2015

Peace - Top Dog Dies Tutorial

Hello blogging friends!

I have a Top Dog Dies card to share with you from the Oct release of Winter dies. This is the Pocket Page Winter Die Set. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!
Here is the card I created ...


I wanted to create a little snow scene for the deer so I layered a piece of vellum over the white cardstock with some die cuts underneath the vellum and some on top. 



Here is how you can achieve this look too...

Supplies You will Need:
Top Dog Dies Pocket Page Winter Die Set
Top Dog Dies Borders 2 Die Set
Pattern Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle (Winter Twig)
Stamp (Sentiment): Hero Arts (Merry Christmas Trees)
Cardstock
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
vellum
white paint
Ranger Brown Distress Marker
StazOn ink

Step 1.  Die cut your trees, snowflakes, deer, bird, and mat from cardstock.
Then die cut the mat from vellum too and stamp a sentiment in the upper left. I like to use StazOn ink when stamping on vellum.


Step 2. Adhere the trees off to one side of the cardstock mat. Add the bird so he is sitting in the trees.


Step 3,  Adhere the vellum on top. When adhering your vellum, you want to make sure you have even coverage over the entire die cut. I love to use my Xyron adhesives (Sticker Machine or Creative Station) for my vellum.


Step 4. Splatter some white paint on top. Let this dry. Paint will not warp the vellum like something more water based; like mists or watercolors.


Step 5. Use a Distress marker to ink the antlers and edges of the deer and adhere deer on top of the vellum.


You can use your snow scene on a card like I did, or if you are a pocket scrapbooker, it would look awesome in a pocket too.

Here is one more pic of the completed card...


Thanks for stopping by
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I just discovered your blog and have been drooling over your projects ... I came here looking for inspiration for some of Top Dogs' dies. I cannot believe that many of your posts have not been commented on. This tutorial is AWESOME!! I've found a ton of inspiration in just a short time. Can't wait until I have an opportunity to visit longer. I am DEFINITELY becoming a follower .... although I learned today that Top Dog Dies is closing its doors!! I look forward to learning to use new products!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!