Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Too Cute - Sketchabilities Challenge

It's the end of the month, that means it time for another Sketchabilities challenge! Here is the fabulous sketch by Karan Gerber...
I used a mirror image of the sketch as it better suited the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline papers I was using. Here is what I came up with...
This is a picture of my daughter Colette (who thinks she was the cutest baby ever). We decided to try a Minnesota State Fair outing  with the girls but Colette was still too little for the rides. She had to sit in the stroller and watch her older sister. So while I snapped a couple dozen pics of her sister on the rides, I only managed to take a few pics of her. I am thoroughly enjoying this Sweet Caroline Dolled Up collection. Love the vibrant pinks, yellows, and blues against the weathered wood. Here are some close-ups....
I painted the wooden butterfly and then applied rub-ons.
I added a few Epiphany Crafts flower buttons (wanted to try out my newest toy).
I hope you will play along with us at Sketchabilities! I would love to see your take on the sketch.

8 comments:

  1. Marcia, this is gorgeous!!!! Love the flower cluster and papers.... and what a sweet photo!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Marcia! Just love all the details you add on it! The colors are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! Just love what you've created for this sketch, Marcia!
    The papers & colours are utterly gorgeous & I love all your detail - amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Marcia and I love the colors of the papers too. You put so much into this and it really is amazing! And your daughter was adorable too. Have a wonderful week... Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..the details and the pastel colors are just simple stunning. I love your take on the sketch. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Marcia!!!! I love all your layering, and the colors are so gorgeous!! Great job with the sketch..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!!!!
    I love your LO.
    Button and colours are very very cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!