Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wild At Heart - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

One of my favorite destinations for a summer road trip is Grand Marais Minnesota on the shores of Lake Superior. The lake is so big it almost like seeing the ocean. It was a foggy rainy day when we were there, but that just added to it's mystic. When scrapping this favorite photo from the day, I wanted a way to convey the greatness of all that water ... Lake Superior is after all the largest of the Great Lakes. I think the JustNick Studio Wave Background digital cut file does it justice! I used the Wild At Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios.



I still wanted a skyline on my layout so that I could also convey what a cloudy day it was, so I erased the top portion of the background. That left room for me to include some clouds from the Sunny Days digital cut file.





I carefully added some machine stitching to emphasize the waves on the background. I love the effect. To add interest to these wood veneer words, I embossed the lower half with some fine white embossing powder. The two-tone effect is stunning. Washi Tape on the upper half keeps it from being embossed and it peels away so easily.



Here are the digital cut files I used today ...




Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!