Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hello Memphis - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with another Cocoa Vanilla Studios Endless Summer layout. I am in love with this collection. I love the soft color palette and all those embellishments that coordinate. I wanted to showcase several of the beautiful pattern papers in this versatile collection. I decided on a circle grid design with some travel die-cuts. Today I am scrapping a layout about my trip to Memphis. I flew there to spend a weekend with my daughter when she was there on a veteranarian internship. Well Memphis was the home of Elvis and we were excited to get to see Graceland, but our first night there we went to the Memphis BBQ Company for ribs and then out for drinks at a piano bar. These drinks were called Blue Suede cocktails, after a famous Elvis song. Because of the blue drinks, I wanted to bring out more blue on my layout using ink splatters and a blue cardstock title.


I used a couple digital cut files designed by JustNick Studios, This Hello with the circles was the August 2016 Freebie from Scrapbook and Cards Today. The "Memphis" was cut out on my Silhouette using a font on my computer, sorry ... I don't remember what it is called.


I love the wood veneer pieces in this collection. The engraved details add such a fun element. This airplane was taken from the Around the World JustNick Studios digital cut file and welded onto the circle cut.


You can see more icons here from the Around the World cut file embellished with a cute camera puffy sticker and with another wood veneer.


A strip of pattern paper at the top along with some stickers, die-cut ephemera, and an enamel heart add just a little more interest.


I added a little journaling by my photo and embellished here with a flair button and one of the woodies. The woodies are one of my favorite Cocoa Vanilla Studios embellishments.


I really love how this one turned out. There is a process video to go along with the layout here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Amazing page and beautiful picture!! Love the colors in those papers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!