Friday, November 16, 2012

Gingerbread Man Mini - Quick Quotes and Clear Scraps Blog Hop

Hello Quick Quotes friends! Marcia here to host the blog today and I am so excited to share with you my Quick Quotes/Clear Scraps project! This was my first time using Clear Scraps acrylic, but you can bet it will not be the last. I LOVE this stuff!

I am using the Gingerbread Man Clear Scraps Keychain Album along with some Cracklin Rose papers and the perfect vellum quote. To tie in with the quote, I decided to use my Epiphany Crafts heart shaped tool and showcase my family in hearts.
Here is how I created this....   I traced the gingerbread man onto my Cracklin Rose paper and cut him out. Then I inked the edges with Mocha Mama ink. Before I glued it to one side of the acrylic, I inked my gingerbread man with alcohol inks. Some copper metallic gives it a sparkling sheen. I love that you can see the paper through the acrylic. My Imaginsce D-Stress tool helped me clean up the paper edges to line up perfectly with the acrylic. I punched a couple holes so I could attach my vellum quote. The face was stamped with a Peachy Keen stamp in white Staz On, but I wasn't happy with it. I wanted the white to really stand out. I went over it with my white Sharpie fine point paint marker. (This works better is you use the marker on the side that is not inked, Otherwise it mixes with the ink and is more light brown.) Here are a few more pages of my album....

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Cracklin Rose papers 200, 300
Powderpuff inks in Mocha Mama, Bloody Mary, and Midnight Confessions
vellum quote Family Full Page
Ribbon, black gingham and organza dot

Other Supplies:
Clear Scraps GingerBread Man Keychain Album
Epiphany Crafts Heart Shaped Tool
Imaginisce D-Stress tool
Peachy Keen Everyday faces
Staz On ink in white
Sharpie fine point white marker
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks by Ranger in Caramel, Latte, Espresso
          (makes you want a coffee now, hey?) and Copper Metallic.
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Blending Solution by Ranger
Box board to mount my vellum quote on (from cat food box)
red and white twine by Little Yellow Bicycle.
Fiskars small hole hand punch
Glue Dots vellum adhesive sheets
Scotch quick dry glue.

I hope I have inspired you to try some Clear Scraps with your Quick Quotes papers!
Have a great day. ~Marcia

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your sweet mini! Between the gingerbread people and all those coffee named inks... I now want a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mini - and a great tutorial. Loved the inking you did and how you got the faces and the pics are socute. Fabulous job. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!