Thursday, July 5, 2018

Farm Life - Jillibean Soup

Hello blogging friends!

Recently, I was going through some old photos with my Dad. When we came across this one of him with his youngest sisters, he explained that the car was his Dad's first. Not all of his 10 siblings and his parents could go anywhere together at the same time. On Sunday mornings, his older siblings went to the early mass and he and his younger siblings would go with their parents to the late mass. That old car reminded me of this pattern paper in the Jillibean Soup Farmhouse Stew collection and I wanted to use it on a layout.


I created a chicken wire background with some spray mist and a stencil. Perfect for a farm photo, don't you think?  Then I created three large tags from pattern paper that I could add my journaling to as well as embellishments. The Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas were used for my title. I love the texture that they add.


That rooster same from a Jillibean Soup digital cut file available in the Silhouette store.


I anchored the photo with another cluster of embellishments. I fussy cut some flowers from pattern paper for here. Buttons with twine bows add to the farmhouse look.


Didn't this turn out great! I love preserving these memories of my Dad's life when he was a child.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Do you have some vintage photos to scrap? The Jillibean Soup Farmhouse Stew collection would be great to use! Check it out.

~Marcia




1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!