Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Mine Valentine - Quick Quotes Inspiration

Happy Valentines Day my blogging friends. I have a sweet card to share with you today that I made for my hubby with the new Quick Quotes wedding collection called Simple Elegance. This paper collection is so gorgeous and did you know that Quick Quotes has photo albums as well as scrapbooks for those very special pictures too.
Lots of times its hard to ink the nooks and crannies of a die cut. Here is my trick. Apply a small amount of Powderpuff chalk ink to your craft mat. Using an H2O pen, pick up the ink from the mat and dab it on the white paper core in the nooks and crannies. It takes a little more time, but the result is a much more polished look.
Quick Quotes Supplies:
Simple Elegance
Cracklin Rose 300
Itty Bitty Vellum Quotes Babies / Kids / Family
Powderpuff chalk ink in Midnight Confession, Bloody Mary, and Pink Cheeks

Other Supplies:
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Cardstock: Core'dinations in white and pink
Die Cut - Cheery Lynn Doily die
Die Cut - cupid and hearts - Silhouette store
Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Sewing machine, Imaginisce Magicut Ribbon cutter
Fiskars Postage Stamp scissors
Thread: Coats and Clark

Have a great Valentines Day! I am hoping my guy bought me some pecan clusters and takes me out to dinner :)
~Marcia

3 comments:

  1. Super cute valentine! I just love your little cupid. Such a whimsical touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the inking tips! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip for working with the die cuts... I use die cuts on just about everyone of my projects and struggle with getting in the small spaces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!