Monday, July 23, 2012

Puttin' On The Ritz - Artful Delight

Happy Monday!! I have another layout to share with you that I created with the fabulous July Artful Delight scrapbook kit using some more of the Authentique Delightful papers and mixing in some the the Fancy Pants Time for Spring paper. This one features my daughter Naomi in her tap dancing days oh so long ago.
Can you see the tone-on-tone stamping I did with VersaMark ink on the background cardstock. Its very subtle, but I love the effect. Karen Baker did a tutorial on creating your own backgrounds on the Artful Delight blog here and it inspired me to use the technique on my layout. I played up the circles in my layout, adding a few more at the top and bottom. I also cut a few extra out and covered up the orange circles in the pattern paper to play up the pink more. I covered the buttons with some of the coordinating paper from the kit, misted the flowers, and I had to add some bling flourishes. Here are some close-ups...
This is my 4th layout using this kit and I still have lots of paper and embellishments left! Look what else is included in the kit...
SCRAPBOOK KIT
 Authentique - Delightful collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Lovely
Sweet
Beautiful
Elegant
Charming
Cheerful
Basic Grey - What's Up collection - 12x12 sheet  (1 each)
Constellation
Studio Calico - Take Note collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Pink Pearl
Fancy Pants - Time for Spring collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Short & Stout
Flower Patch
Honeycomb
Echo Park - Sweet Day collection - 12x12 sheet (1 each)
Journaling Cards
Fancy Floral
Coordinating Cardstock - Bazzill Basics - 12x12 sheet (2 each)
Aqua
Arizona
Cantaloupe
French  Vanilla
Sunflowers Medium

Embellishments - sizes and color may vary per kit
1 package - Dear Lizzy Thickers - Serendipity - Aqua
1 sheet - Prima - (Mist)-A-Ble Canvas sheet -Butterflies and Flowers
1 bottle - Mister Huey's color mist - Water Cooler
2 yards - Baker's Twine
1 mini stamp set - Prima -  Sun kiss clear stamps - Sunshine
1 package - Prima Flowers - Lucerne Song Bird
1 sheet - Authentique Delightful collection - Delightful Details sticker sheet
1 sheet - My Minds Eye - Miss Caroline - Howdy Doody Lovely Stickers

The August kit was just revealed too, see my post here. It has lots of Prima, BoBunny and Basic Grey goodies. I can't wait to play with it! Contact Leeanne to order one for yourself before they sell out!!
 
Have a great week everyone. I am off to work!

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with the flowers, and I didn't notice the background at first, but great use of Versamark. (That's the ink pad I've probably owned the longest and rarely use these days).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!