Sunday, June 15, 2014

Be Happy - Creative Scrappers #271

Hello blogging friends. Happy Father's Day! It's time for another reveal at Creative Scrappers. Sketch #271 by Jenny Evans is a fabulous one.


I decided to flip the sketch upside-down, because I had something in mind for that large middle piece of the sketch. Here is my take using the April main kit from My Creative Scrapbook that I was so lucky to win. This kit was full of the Splendid Sunshine collection from Echo Park. I couldn't resist using a huge die-cut sun.


This is an old picture of my daughter Naomi (now 25!). With so many lakes in Minnesota, you don't have to go far to get to a beach. It's one of the things I love about Minnesota. Here are some close-ups...


I love the stitching that extends just beyond the sun's rays.  I cut my title with my Silhouette and added some sticker embellishments.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Win a prize from the June sponsor Noel Mignon,
enter the challenges using our inlinkz widget 
on the Creative Scrappers blog for Sketch 269-271.

Deadline to submit your layout is June 30th at Midnight ADT
Visit Noel Mignon on Facebook Blog /  Shop

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to see you play along!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with your take on today's CS sketch! WOW! Awesome design!! Off to my inspiration folder it goes!! Hee!Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your layout! It is AMAZING!!! Love that sun and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!