Sunday, April 20, 2014

You Rock - Paper Issues

Hello blogging friends. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I enjoyed the day at my Mom and Dad's house with my extended family. I thought I would share an Easter tradition with you to see if any of you have ever heard of this recipe before.


We have this pastry every year called Yeast Kranz. My Mom says it is my Aunt's recipe and she was Polish. I found a similar one here at tastebook.com. (I use warm milk instead of water when making it). The inside is a meringue filling with cinnamon and sugar, dates, and nuts. Pastries were not allowed during lent, so this delicacy was made at Easter to celebrate the end of lent. It is yummy!

Today we also celebrated my nephew Max's 13th birthday!


I made him this card. Thank you Silhouette store for having a card I could use for a teenager!!!


I am linking up to Paper Issues Pitch Perfect issue.
You still have a week to link up your issue and join the fun.

Have a great week!
~Marcia

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, those pastries look, and sound, delicious. Something I've never heard of before. Love the card you made for your nephew! So perfect for the Paper Issues link up! Thanks for joining in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I love seeing creative cards for the guys... I'm featuring you over at Paper Issues tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!