Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Express - Imaginisce

I am a little late in posting this... I am battling a sinus infection. Not what I needed just before Christmas. I'm drinking lots of juice hoping it passes quickly. I have a few more gifts to find so sick or not I will have to get out on Monday to finish my shopping. Thankfully my brother is hosting Christmas. I am in charge of bringing potatoes. Some crock pot cheesy hash browns were requested. 
 
This was up on the Imaginisce blog on Friday.
Are you looking for a unique way to wrap up some gifts for that special someone? I love creating shaped boxes and bags from SVG files. Take a look at my Holiday Express Train! Each piece is a gift box! I am giving this one to my husband and filling it with some candy, socks, and underwear (Its a long time joke for him to get socks and underwear at Christmas, because when asked what he wants for Christmas, he always responds with "socks and underwear"). I think a gift card or two will even find its way in there too :)  I used the bright cheery colors in the Imaginisce Colors of Christmas collection and combined it with some solid reds and greens from the Outdoor Adventure and the Good Dog collections. I love that so many of Imaginisce's collections will coordinate with each other.


This was so much fun to make. I love these SVGcuts files. Let me show you some close-ups ...






My i-Top came in handy too in creating my own brads for the wheels.

Let me show you how easy it is. I used a couple of large brads for the engine, and lots of small brads for the other wheels. Pick out which paper you want to use and punch out the tops.


Place a brad top in your i-Top and center the punched paper over it. Squeeze the i-Top handles.


Now flip the i-Top over and bend the paper sticking up into the center of the brad.


Flip the i-Top over again and place a brad bottom into the tool. Don't worry about the top brad falling out. The rubber pads hold it in there. Squeeze the i-Top again. You should hear it snap into place.
 
 
It's really easy to use the i-Top and remember, it's not just for paper.

Imaginisce Supplies: Pattern Paper, Die Cuts, Bling, Journal Paper: Colors of Christmas; Pattern Paper: Outdoor Adventure, Good Dog; i-Top; Small and Large Brad Daddies; Foam Adhesive;
American Crafts cardstock, metallic cardstock, vellum, SVGcuts file, lots of Scotch 3M glue, Glue Dots, Sequins

2 comments:

I love hearing what you think!