Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bucket List @50 - Creative Scappers 272 Reveal

Hello blogging friends! I hope you are dry where ever you are. Here in Minnesota, we just set the record for the most rain in June. Lakes and rivers are so high people who live near water are sandbagging. Let's hope July is a little dryer (especially on the weekends).

I have a layout to share today for Creative Scrappers that is all about journaling. The sketch has no photo!

   

I decided to scrap a layout about my bucket list. I turned 50 last September. When you turn 50, you start thinking about how much longer you will be in this world. How many people live to be 100 or more? My life is half over! This past year has been so hard watching my brother-in-law struggle in his battle against cancer. What if my spouse or I become terminally ill? It really made me think about what I want to do. In fact I spent more time thinking about my journaling than I did on creating this layout. So this is my bucket list @50.


I used the awesome Amy Tangerine Plus One collection. "Live the life you love, Love the life you live" quote on a sticker really fit my bucket list theme. I printed my journaling out on vellum and used some bright green washi tape from Love My Tapes to adhere the vellum to my layout. Here are some close-up details ....


That heart background is a Kerri Bradford file. I love her designs. I used some of the cut out hearts to add more dimension with some foam adhesive.



Oh, you can't read my journaling? Here you go, my bucket list ....
  1.  I want to see all three of my kids graduate from college.  One down, Two to go! (Colette has 3 years of Vet School and Trenton has 2 more years of undergrad studies)
  2. I want to be more tech savvy where my Silhouette is involved. I have learned a lot, but I feel there is so much more I could be doing with it.
  3.  I want to feel the sand between my toes and warm sunshine on my face  while on vacation in Hawaii. A trip to Hawaii would not be complete without seeing Pearl Harbor and the Volcanoes National Park.
  4. I want to see whales up close in the Atlantic Ocean while they are migrating off the east coast.
  5.  I want to see the redwood trees in California that are so big, people can drive their cars through tunnels in them.
  6.  I want to see fields of tulips blooming in the Netherlands. I've been there for work on a couple occasions but it was winter and there was no time to sightsee (and no tulips).
  7. I want to visit the Louvre in Paris to stare at Impressionist paintings all day.
  8. I want to attend mass at the Vatican with the Pope residing.
  9. I want to go on an African Safari. Just imagine seeing an elephant or a lion in their natural habitat!
  10. I want to go on an Alaskan cruise when the sun shines 24 hours a day.
  11. I want to go ice fishing.  Crazy, I know. I live in Minnesota with lots of lakes and frozen water , yet I have never been ice fishing!
  12. I want to enjoy my grandkids (if I ever have any!). I never had the opportunity to be a stay at home Mom, so I am hoping I can indulge my grandkids with trips to the zoo and science museums, playtime in the park where we can feed the ducks, swimming at the lake, and theater outings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Welcome Paper Camellia as our CS Sponsor for July 
------------------------------------------------------------
Sketches 272-273
Deadline to submit is July 31st at Midnight EST.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's on your bucket list? I hope to see you playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE what you did with the sketch! You created a LOVELy page! Clever way to use a no photo page - for a bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bucket list :) Such fun colors on this layout!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!