Saturday, March 17, 2012

Be Amazing - Be You! TPV Zipper Gluber Tutorial

It seems like it's been forever since I took on a My Mind's Eye Challenge. So, since I had a scrappy night with girlfriends, I decided to go for it. Here is Anam Stubbington's awesome sketch...
and here is my take on it, using my favorite Senior photo of my son that I took last fall and the My Mind's Eye Be Amazing collection. I LOVE this paper collection!! It was perfect for senior pics.
I cut apart the hexagon paper and ran it through my computer printer to add some journaling. I added some foam tape under some pieces to give it more dimension.
The zipper embellishment I made from an old zipper I removed from my son's favorite shorts. I had put a new zipper in his shorts and had a lightbulb moment about what to do with the old zipper. It's the perfect guy embellishment.
I prepared this tutorial for The Paper Variety on how I made it.
 
The zipper I used was probably 30" long.

Let me know what you think. I love to read your comments :)

I am also linking up with 
Burlap and Buttercups - recycle something (the zipper)
Frosted Designs - Fab Friday; Thing with wings (dragonflies)


8 comments:

  1. Whaou, a beautiful layout !!! I love your flower ... Thanks for the tutorial !!!
    Bizz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is an awesome layout! I love all the details, and put together so beautifully to showcase your picture. Your son is very handsome! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this layout is AMAZING Marcia! a definite winner at MME... love that zipper embellie on a guy page! I need to find me some glubers! :)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout!!! Love all details. The dragonflies are amazing too. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout! Love the colours and this collection. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page!!! Love the design and the recycled zipper idea :) Thank you for playing with us at Burlap & Buttercups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is stunning, Marcia! I'm sure this LO will be the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!