Wednesday, February 29, 2012

With Wonder and Anticipation - Sketchabilities reveal

Its time for another sketch reveal at Sketchabilities. Karan Gerber always amazes me with the most awesome sketches....
I mirrored the sketch to suit my photos. Here is my take on the sketch ....
This is my daughter Naomi on a trip to San Francisco with her college writing peers. She has a thing for birds and I am sure she was in heaven when she found this mural on the side of a building in Chinatown. I used the Miss Morgan pattern paper from Quick Quotes and lots of different techniques, like distressing, misting, and more. Here are some closeups
I painted the swirl chipboard pieces with some teal blue acrylic paint and once it was dry painted it with a white crackle paint. Then I inked the edges with Quick Quote Powderpuff ink and applied some stickles for some shimmer. I also used my Copic markers to color the white pearl in the center of the flowers and added some stickles there too.
Here you can see some misting I did in the doily with chicken wire. The flowers are Prima. LOVE these feather flowers! They were perfect for this layout. I also used my Copic marker on the sequined bird so that he blended better with my color scheme.
The title is cut from a quote on the Quick Quotes Miss Morgan pattern paper. I adhered it with foam tape in places so that it is wavy.
I hope I have inspired you to join us in this latest sketch challenge! Can't wait to see what you create.

1 comment:

  1. OH Marcia! This layout is so amazing... in so many ways! The feather flowers from Prima go perfectly with the pictures and that background paper is SO beautiful (gotta have some!!!) Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!