Saturday, October 12, 2019

Halloween Party with Pebbles!

Hello blogging friends! 

I love throwing Halloween parties. It’s fun to decorate the house and invite people over whether its a pumpkin carving party or a Halloween costume party. Of course, part of the fun is creating some party favors to help set the mood. Here is what I came up with using the This is Family collection that Jen Hadfield designed …


Even though this collection is not Halloween based, the colors of the pattern papers have a Fall air about them and I had no problems making them work. The kids will get a kick out of these pumpkin treat bags. I used a svg cut file from SVGcuts called Barn Party. These treat bags could be filled with candy or even popcorn. A clear acetate sheet let’s you see just what treats are inside.


I also spray painted the outside of some pint sized mason jars to look like candy corn. A trick here to prevent overspray is to wrap some scrap paper around the jar and affix with a rubber binder. I spray painted my jars with the opening face down to prevent getting any paint inside the jar.


Once the paint was dry I cut faces from black vinyl to adhere to them.


Box cards make great table decor on your buffet table. This Jack-In-The-Box black cat isn’t too scary. I have a couple of black cats that I took in as strays so it was hard to resist making this one. This svg cut file is also from SVGcuts and is called Halloween Box Cards. It does fold flat in case you wanted to mail it.


I hope this gives you some ideas if you are planning on throwing a Halloween party. This Is Family papers and embellishments are sold through American Crafts. You can also get the This Is Family collection at JoAnn Fabric Stores!  

SUPPLIES:734162 This is Family Patterned Paper Fresh Picked

734164 This is Family Patterned Paper Bike Ride
734167 This is Family Patterned Paper Picnic
734168 This is Family Patterned Paper We Are Family
734170 This is Family Patterned Paper Fall Time
734175 This is Family Patterned Paper Growing Together
734181 This is Family Patterned Paper Chit Chat
734183 This is Family Patterned Paper Tag You’re It
734196 This is Family 6×8 Paper Pad with Copper Foil Accents
American Crafts Cardstock in black


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Marcia









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!