Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Hello Autumn - Pebbles

Hello blogging friends!

I am here today with some inspiration on how you can use your scraps to create a layout. This layout was completely created with scraps from the Pebbles This is Family collection by Jen Hadfield. I love the mix of colors in this collection and thought it would be beautiful to use my scraps to back an Autumn cut file.



I found this cute fox and Autumn title in the Handipaper Etsy store. It did take me a while to back these two cut files but it was so worth it. There are a few tricks you can use to make it a little easier. I was able to separate out the letters from the cut file (try Ungroup or Release Compound Path in Silhouette Studio). This allowed me to use the offset feature and cut them from pattern papers slightly bigger than the openings. Autumn is a colorful season so I wanted to include lots of different colors and patterns to back my cut files... scraps are perfect!




It is difficult to see just how pretty that foiled Hello ephemera piece is. The rose gold foil is perfect for fall. I love the transparent ephemera pieces as well. A few fussy cut leaves look great on my mixed media background. I used one of the tags from the tag pad to journal on and tucked it behind my photo. I often hide my journaling using these tags.




Does this layout have you craving all things fall; cozy sweaters, cute scarfs and boots, pumpkin spice lattes, apples, and beautiful colorful leaves. I sure am. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you try this technique with some of your scraps too.


Supplies:
340272 Sticky Thumb Adhesive Foam Dots
71793 Smooth Cardstock White
734162 This is Family Patterned Paper Fresh Picked
734165 This is Family Patterned Paper Sending Love
734167 This is Family Patterned Paper Picnic
734168 This is Family Patterned Paper We Are Family
734170 This is Family Patterned Paper Fall Time
734172 This is Family Patterned Paper Home Sweet Home
734173 This is Family Patterned Paper Family Life
734174 This is Family Patterned Paper Flower Patch
734175 This is Family Patterned Paper Growing Together
734176 This is Family Patterned Paper Golden Field
734177 This is Family Patterned Paper Scattered Leaves
734180 This is Family Patterned Paper House Plants
734183 This is Family Patterned Paper Tag You're It
734184 This is Family Patterned Paper Bits & Pieces
734188 This is Family Tag Pad
734190 This is Family Ephemera

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!