Monday, June 24, 2019

USS Missouri - Pebbles

Hello blogging friends.

Today I am kicking off patriotic week at Pebbles. I pulled lots of red, white, and blue pattern papers from the Oh Summertime, Chasing Adventures, and Big Top Dreams collections and created a layout about a visit to the USS Missouri battleship in Pearl Harbor Hawaii. Because I had little in the way of patriotic embellishments, I wanted to make the pattern papers work for me by using a digital cut file I designed myself and creating a fun banner with the Jen Hadfield Banner Punch Board.







That dark blue pattern paper makes a bold statement as my background with the die cut stars don't you think. To add dimension, I created a festive banner with my Banner Punch Board. I machine stitched these triangles together. I made it a little easier to work with the banner.








Other embellishments were kept to a minimum. The ship in a bottle from the Chasing Adventures collection was the perfect touch, layered on top of a tag.








I used some older Thickers I had in my stash for my title and added a few journaling strips below my banner.








If you are interested in watching my process while creating this layout, check out my YouTube scrapbook process video.


There is a lot you can do with just your pattern papers and the right tools! Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Supplies:
Chasing Adventures Collection – papers and ephemera
Oh Summertime Collection
Big Top Dreams Collection
Thickers - Memo Newsprint
Banner Punch Board


~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!