Friday, June 28, 2019

Nana - and a Goodbye to JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I was dog sitting for my daughter last week and she asked me to try to take some cute photos of her rescue dog Nana. This little old lady is a spitfire,so much personality in that teeny body! This photo was one of my favorites and I couldn't wait to scrap it. I am sad to say this is my last post for JustNick Studios. I am taking a bit of a break. I love Nicole's cut files and may just become her best customer, lol.



I started off with a Mixed Media background page from Vicki Boutin because I loved how the yellow matched Nana's flower collar, the coral pink matched her tongue, and the peach matched her coloring.  Where have these mixed media pages been all my scrapping life! I love them!! I wanted to keep those same colors as I added my embellishments and title. I cut the Mirrored Florals design from white cardstock thinking it would be a nice frame for my photo, but it covered up too much of the background. I used it instead for interest at the top and bottom of my layout. The Stencil Alphabet cut file was used for my title and each letter was cut from a variety of pattern papers, mostly from older 6x6 paper pads. You will see Pink Paislee Color Wash, some Turn the Page, and Simple Stories Vintage Bliss.



I used those same pattern papers plus a few more to cut a bunch of butterflies using the new Butterfly cut file. I layered a solid butterfly underneath each intricate cut butterfly and stitched the layers together using my sewing machine. This gave my butterfly antennae and trailing strands to give my butterflies motion.





I also added some flowers from the Bloom and Stems cut files to create flowers to match the one in Nana's collar.



I just love how this layout turned out!



Here are the cut files I used today ...











Here is my process video ...



Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!